Saturday, June 21, 2008

Silencing the Voices

It's seems like for the majority of my life I've had these little negative voices inside my head. No, I'm not crazy! I'm sure everyone has them. You know, the ones that say "you're not good enough", "you'll never be able to (fill in the blank)", "so and so is so much smarter/prettier/talented than you are" etc, etc. Well, the time has come to silence those voices.

I'm always telling my kids that the only way to fail is to never try. I know this from first hand experience. There were so many things throughout the years that I was afraid to try. So...in the last couple of weeks I've taken on a few new hobbies.

The first is quilting/sewing. I've always wanted to learn how and now I am. I'll post some of my projects when I'm done with them. It's so addictive! I'm not into scrapbooking (too overwhelming) and so it's nice to have an outlet for my creative side. I'm getting pretty good at it too. I joined the ward block-of-the-month club. It's fun to get together and see everyone's blocks.

And my second hobby...those of you that know me really well will think I really am crazy...is...RUNNING! I started on Tuesday running with my friend Tracee. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. It was not fun. I actually thought about giving up. BUT...I went again on Thursday and I didn't feel like I was dying. I actually felt great! And now I really am looking forward to going again on Monday.

No comments: