Bridal Veil Falls, Yosemite, California
Every year we try to take at least one big trip as a family. This year's trip happened to coincide with my Gary graduating with his Master's degree. His school happens to be in San Jose, California. So...it was a no brainer as to where our trip would be. Gary was able to get a week off of work, so we packed up the van and headed on our way. We decided to take highway 6 through Eureka. We stopped at Great Basin National Park, and Area 51*.
(*I did not see any aliens, even though I looked and looked. I did see a lot of cows though, perhaps they were aliens in disguise?)
We drove and drove through the night until we reached our first destination. Yosemite. Wow. The only word to describe Yosemite is breathtaking. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It is one of the places that should be on everybody's bucket list. Here's a little sampling, although my camera is not capable of doing it justice:
The kids loved climbing on all of the granite rocks. It made Gary and I a bit nervous when Lily decided to join in the fun.
There was a little creek right by our campsite that entertained the kids for hours. The water was so clear!
No comments:
Post a Comment