
Today I (Amy) ran my very first 10K (6.2 miles)! I decided yesterday to do it. I only had 3 goals............#1. Finish the race. #2. Run the whole way. #3. Not be last. I'm proud to say all three goals were accomplished. The first mile was all uphill and I thought I would die. But after that I got into my pace (13 minute mile...very slow) and I just kept running like Forrest Gump. There were a lot of walkers. Some of the people would run really fast, then walk, then run really fast, then walk. But I just wanted to see if I could run the whole way. It was really fun and I want to do it again next year. My goal for next year is a 10 minute mile or less. Before today the longest I had ran was 2 1/2 miles. If you had told me even a week ago that I would run the 10K today I would have laughed! But I did it!!!! Yay! (Only 20 more to go for a marathon...)
1 comment:
Good Job Amy!! I wish I lived close by so you could get my butt out there running with you! Thats quite the accomplishment!
Post a Comment