Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lily Billy

Lilian Rachel Walters on her birthday


6 months old



I was realizing as I read through my blog that I have not posted anything about my little Lily Billy! For those of you that don't know, Lily is our 4th (and hopefully last) baby. She's 7 months old. She was born on February 6, 2008, weighing in at a whopping 5lbs. 8 oz. I can't remember how long she was....She was born a month early because of some preeclampsia complications. Thankfully, because of my toxic body, her lungs were forced to develop quickly and so she didn't have to spend any time in NICU. She is still so tiny compared to the other babies her age in our neighborhood. She looks like she might be about 4 or 5 months old. The things I love about Lily are:



1. When she sleeps, she covers her eyes with one arm, and sucks her thumb with the other hand, with one little finger over her nose. It is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen!



2. She sleeps through the night, and has for most of her life.



3. She never cries. She just lays in her bed, sucking her thumb until I get around to getting her out.



4. She's learning to crawl. She gets up on her hands and knees and propells herself forward. She actually can really get around that way.



5. She looks just like Garrett did as a baby. If I were to put his old baby clothes on her and take some pictures, I would not be able to tell them apart. We call her Garrett's twin, which makes him happy because he really wanted a brother and cried when he found out that we were having yet another girl. So, having a twin is the next best thing.



6. EVERYTHING! I could go on and on about how much I love Lily. She really is such a perfect baby.



I really must have done something right to get such a wonderful family....

4 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

She is a doll! I love babies! Too bad they grow up so fast! It's really not fair. They should stay babies for atleast 2 years!

Ginna said...

She's so adorable, I'm glad to see her cute face!

Candice said...

Your little ones are really the best little things. I love how sweet they are. I love how you did this little list. I am constantly telling myself to sit and write a few things about each stage of my kids lives but time flies.
Cute pics!

Melissa O said...

That is so cute. I love babies, but I hate that they grow up so fast.