Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ah, Fall

I just absolutely love fall! I love when the leaves begin to change,
I love the crispness in the air, I love pumpkins. I love trading in my summer clothes for my sweaters and long sleeves.
I love making soup on a chilly day. I love waking up, making some hot cocoa, and sitting by the fire all snuggled up with my kids.
I love walking my kids to school and hearing the leaves crunch under my feet.
I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love baking.
I love hiking up at Sundance with my hubby and my kids and seeing all the beautiful leaves.
I love going for long drives up in the canyon on a Sunday afternoon after church.
I love that I don't have to mow the lawn quite so often...
I love Halloween and seeing my kids so excited to dress up and eat candy. I love Halloween candy, especially the Halloween colored m&m's (I'm such a sucker for those themed M&M's. I just can't seem to pass them up).
I love the peacefulness that I feel before all of the crazy holiday stuff begins.
I love fall.

3 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

What a great way to sum up all the great things of fall. I think it would be my favorite time of year if it didn't mean winter was right around the corner.

Ginna said...

AMEN!!

Brianna E. said...

Hi Amy! Cute blog and pics of your kids. I love fall, too, except for the getting colder part.