Friday, December 19, 2008

A Perfect Day

Today a storm blew in. I'm actually watching the snow as I type. Now, to most people, the sight of a cold, winter snow storm brings dread. But not to me. Right now I'm thinking two things: I hope Gary drives safely home soon, and POWDER! So today I drove up to work expecting to spend the day teaching a bunch of 5th graders from Wasatch Elementary how to ski. I drove up, with my brand new snow tires (an early Christmas present from my sweetie) eager to see how they handled the snow. The guy at Big O said that I could climb a mountain if I wanted. That made me feel powerful. But, to my dismay, no snow. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

So anyway...I ended up with a private lesson. A 10 year old girl who loves to ski powder. So I spent 2 1/2 hours skiing powder. And I get paid for this!!!!! What could be better than skiing powder and getting paid to do it?

At afternoon lineup, apparently there were no lessons so we had the option to go home or ski. Hmmmm. That was a hard decision, but being the good mom that I am, I decided to go home and hang out with my kiddos. Well, I am so glad that I did! This little storm moved in as I got to Garrett's school to pick him up and out walks my sweet little man in pajamas (It was polar express day, they were supposed to be in pajamas. I do not generally send my kids to school in their jammies), no hat, no gloves. My baby would have frozen on the way home! I would have had a Garrettsicle! And I got to try out my new tires on the snow drifts on the ride over. I'm so glad I listened to that prompting to go home.

So now, I'm going to go and wrap up in a warm blanket, snuggle my babies and watch a great Christmas show. The dishes can wait. The beds can be made later. Today was a Powder day.

And it was perfect.

2 comments:

Ginna said...

sounds perfect for sure. We've been getting a lot of snow here too, I need you to come and teach me how to ski!

Channa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.