Monday, December 15, 2008

Update

Life has been sooo crazy so it has been a while since my last post. So, here's an update.


November was just full of wonderful things. The most wonderful being that my sweet little boy (I guess he's not so little anymore) Garrett turned 8! He had a party and invited some boys from school and the neighborhood. Boys are a lot harder to entertain than girls are and we had a few little glitches. I thought that they would watch a movie, apparently movies are boring. So we had to improvise a bit and they ended up doing a treasure hunt in the field down the street and playing tag. Then they ate pizza. And ended the party by shooting each other with the nerf guns that Garrett got for his birthday. Boys are sooo different from girls. We even had a few older boys that weren't exactly invited, show up for games and pizza.




I think Garrett may have been a little overwhelmed. Maybe next year we'll keep things a little smaller...




Garrett was baptized on November 29. He had his own little baptism because some of our family members were going out of town on the day that the stake usually does baptisms. I don't have any pictures because my camera is out of commission, but some other family members got some and will email them to me (hint hint Channa) and then I will post them. It was a wonderful day. I was so proud of my two favorite guys sitting there in white. I'm so greatful that Gary was able to baptize Garrett. I love them both so much.

We spent Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. It was nice and peaceful and the food was good. What more is there to say about Thanksgiving?

In November I got this strange little urge to go skiing. Well, those of you who ski know that it is a pretty expensive hobby. Fortunately for me though, I just happen to be a certified ski instructor. So, I applied at The Canyons and Sundance. I was offered both jobs and decided to go with Sundance because it's a closer drive (45 minutes v. 2 hours). The training has been great and I did my first official lesson yesterday. I LOVE my job! What could beat skiing all day long and getting paid to do it? I can't wait to get my kids up there on skis. I also plan on getting more certification and improving my skiing (maybe finally learn to ski bumps and look good doing it...).

And now...as promised...(drum roll please) here's the Halloween post!

Lily the Ladybug. Not so thrilled with being a ladybug. Wishing she could eat the candy. Man, life sure isn't fair when you're a baby. You do all the trick-or-treating, and everybody else gets to eat your candy.




Natalie was Sharpay this year. Don't you just love the attitude?










Sara decided that she would be Pinkalicious for Halloween. For those of you asking, "Who or what is a Pinkalicious?" she is a character from Sara's favorite book. She eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. She dons her best princess apparel and is just thrilled with being pink. My friend Jodi, who is way too talented for her own good and should pass some of that to the rest of us, made her costume. By the end of the night, she had dropped the puffy skirt because she had a bit of a hard time walking in it, but she sure looked adorable.



And Garrett was Optimus Prime. He wasn't too crazy about getting his picture taken. Yes, my children are barefoot in this picture. But in my defense, it was an unusally warm Halloween this year.

3 comments:

Channa said...

Hint taken - I just emailed you pics. Your kids are so cute - that's why they're my favorite nieces and nephew!

M said...

I love your posts! They are always so fun to read. You are such a fun mom, and an all-around amazing person. I am dying to learn to ski so I'll have to talk to you about signing up for lessons!

(2 words: biscuit tuesday)

Becky and Joey Corless said...

I can't believe Garrett is already 8. That is so crazy. Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe how much Natalie looks like you when you were younger, it's so cute. Hope you are all doing good.