Sunday, December 28, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Yesterday was the beginning of the busy season at Sundance, or so I've been told. I've actually yet to see the ski school very busy. Usually there are about 50 instructors and maybe 10 students. Anyway, because of the "busy-ness" the next 10 days are mandatory. Now, having been a stay at home mom most of their little lives, my children have been complaining about me going skiing without them. I must admit, I do feel slightly guilty for leaving them and hanging out with other people's children. So today I made a last minute decision to take Natalie up with me in hopes of her being able to jump into a class. Well, she was able to jump into my class. We had one other little girl in our class. It was really fun to actually teach one of my own kids to ski today. She did really well and is now able to stop and go slow. She's still working on turning and not running into me. Everytime she stopped, she would fall on her bum and start giggling. It was so cute. After we dropped the other little girl off to her parents, I gave Natalie the option of lunch right away or one "quick" run. She chose skiing to my delight. Nice to know my girl has her priorities straight. I'm hoping to get Garrett up there next time. I feel bad for having to work during their entire winter break, but maybe taking them with me will make up for it a little.

1 comment:

Jodi Gallagher said...

How fun that you got to take her with ya! Sounds like a great job!