Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sometimes it really STINKS to be a mom...

Warning:  The post is not for the faint of heart.  If you have a weak stomach, STOP READING NOW!!!!

I think I am officially out of the running for The Best Mom of the Year Award.  Here's why:
So today Sara came and told me that she needed her diaper changed.  I decided that I'd kill two birds with one stone and do Lily's at the same time.  All was going as planned.  Being the organized person that I am (yeah right!) I got both clean diapers, wetwipes, and both girls into one room.  Then I began to change Sara.  Only, something was missing.  All I could find were two poop streaked legs all the way down to the toes.  So where was the diaper that was supposed to keep that from happening?  On the floor...with all of the poop spilled out onto the carpet.  "Stay Calm," I told myself as I quickly rushed Sara into the bathtub and began filling it up with water.  

Then it was off to clean up the mess and change Lily.  Only, Lily had decided to start cleaning up without me.  "Stay Calm," I told myself once again.  I rushed over to Lily only to find her clenching poo in both hands and shoveling it into her mouth!!!  "Ewwww!"  I yelled.  I was no longer staying calm.  In fact, I was seriously freaking out!  That was the most disgusting thing I have ever been witness to.  So, I quickly grabbed a wet wipe and started frantically wiping Lily's hands and mouth.  It was all down her shirt and pants.  I ripped those off and put her in the tub with Sara.  Then, after scrubbing the heck out of her, I grabbed the nearest toothbrush and scrubbed the heck out of her teeth.  I seriously contemplated washing out her mouth with mouthwash, but I decided against it.

And that's not all, the poop was all over the house from the front room to Sara's bedroom.  It looks like it may be time to call the carpet cleaners.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

That is so gross! I am not feeling good any more! Those are the days that make you wish your hubby was home to clean it up!

Channa said...

That is THE best birth control ever. Seriously. So thankful to be past that stage in life. :) It's good they're both so darn cute, huh?