Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Birthdays and Bear Claw Pins

Wow! I didn't realize how much I have not blogged about. Sorry, I've been a little lazy about posting. So, here's the run down on my life...

Birthdays....

Amy (me) turned the big three oh! Yep, I am now officially out of my 20's. And I think I like it.

Lily turned ONE. She is growing up so fast. She crawls all over the house and thinks that she is so big. She's such a great baby. I don't want her to grow up, but I guess they all do eventually.

Sara will be turning three this weekend. She is starting to get a little attitude. It's sad to see my sweet little girl growing up. And getting sassy.


Trips...

In February I went to St. Louis with Gary's mom and sister and his sister's friend. Fun was had by all. We stayed up late talking, visited the arch and ate dinner at Hooters. I think it would be good for me to get out more often. It was a lot of fun to not have to worry about kids and housework for a while. But boy did I have a lot to do when I got home! Gary was great to watch the kids. I think they gave him a run for his money. By the way, my cell phone bill cost more than my flight!

And Bear Claw pins...

Garrett earned his Bear Claw pin a couple of weeks ago. You earn a bear claw pin when you ski down a run named Bear Claw while making turns and staying in control. He's been going up skiing with me on Saturdays and I am seriously impressed by how well he has done. I'm thinking about signing him up for the Sundance Race Team next year. I love being able to pass on my passion for skiing to my kids. Being a ski instructor definitely has it's perks!

Natalie also earned her Bear Claw. I wasn't going to take her because it is a very steep, very long run. But she insisted. And she skiied it perfectly! She wasn't even scared! She decided that when she's a mom she's going to be a ski instructor up as Sundance. I am so proud of my kids and am so greatful for them!

The ski season is coming to a close and I'm kind of sad about it. But I'm ready for the snow to melt. I love spring.

Time to tune up the mountain bike!!!!

1 comment:

Jeannie Barclay said...

Girlfriend don't you know you can't post without pictures! I would love to see the kids ski! Good job guys. I with ya about the snow melt thing and not come back until next winter.