Today was Garrett's first day as a second grader! Part of me is sad that the summer is just about over, but the rest of me is definitely ready for the return to the routine that school brings. Natalie, Sara, Lily, and I all walked Garrett to his class and as soon as we walked through the door a bunch of kids yelled, "Hi Garrett!" so I'm thinking he'll have a great year. After school Garrett said that he found his friends from last year and they played at recess and ate lunch together. He seemed very happy and excited. Tomorrow is Natalie's kindergarten assessment to see if she's ready for school. Then she starts school next week. I am so excited for her! I know that she will LOVE being a kindergartner. Last year she said that she didn't like preschool because it was "soooo boooring" but I think she'll have so much fun learning new things and meeting new friends.
2 comments:
yay for school. Max's preschool doesn't start for another two weeks and he can hardly wait.
Sounds like Garrett's going to have a good year. :)
My kids are in now except Alyssa starts Monday and Bry gets to hang out with me for the year. Thats good he had friends in his class. Looks like he is going to have a fun year. I bet Nabby is exited for school!
Post a Comment