I know that I am skipping Halloween posting, but I'll do it later, like maybe in December. Last week was pretty great. My friend Allison, whom I haven't seen or talked to in like 10 years, was in town visiting her family and came to see me (thank you Facebook). It was so much fun to see her and her three darling kids. It's funny how ten years can pass and you can still be friends like no time has passed at all. She didn't even look ten years older (I'm pretty sure that I do though).
Then, my friend Debby blessed her new baby boy in our home ward. It was great seeing her again. I think it's been about three years since I've seen or talked to her. We went over to her house after church and it was just like old times. Sitting in her kitchen, talking like we were teenagers again. Remembering the time we blew her parents' $50,000 (give or take) speakers, how we used to live off of ice cream and magic shell, how we made up our own language. Her parents were like second (or I guess third in my case) parents to me. It was fun seeing them again too. I didn't realize how much I had missed them all! And once again, it was if no time had passed.
On a side note...I noticed on Sunday in my home ward how the younger generation (mine) have all aged and are married and all grown up. But...the older generation (like my mom's) all seem to be in a time warp. I swear they all looked exactly how I remembered them! Maybe they all found the fountain of youth, or maybe just a great plastic surgeon. Who knows?
I am totally looking forward to the exciting things that this week brings me...
No comments:
Post a Comment