Friday, October 24, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Last night, Gary and the kids carved some of the pumpkins while I went on a much needed girls' night out with some friends. Gary had the kids each draw a picture of what they wanted their jack-o-lantern to look like and then he helped them create it.

Garrett wanted his pumpkin to have spikey hair. He also wanted to put the pieces back into the pumpkin to make it extra scary.

Natalie wanted her jack-o-lantern, or is it a jane-o-lantern, to have a beautiful necklace with a jewel. And Sara wanted hers to be cute instead of scary.

He even let them help scoop the "guts" out.



Who knew I had a group of professional pumpkin carvers living under my very own roof?




4 comments:

Brianna E. said...

You're so good to let your kids carve pumpkins- I hate doing that so I just give my kids some markers. Cute pics!

Sarah said...

Amy your kids are adorable!!! Pumpkin carving looks like so much fun!

Jeannie Barclay said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Your kids are so cute!

Channa said...

So cute! That's awfully brave of Gary to tackle it solo!