I rolled out of bed at 6:49am after a long night of playing musical beds and getting no sleep at all. I hopped in the shower and got dressed. Walked into the kitchen to discover that I had not done the dishes and there were no clean spoons. Made the decision to make eggs (no spoon needed). Got sidetracked by dirty dishes. Almost had the dishwasher loaded when Natalie came in and wanted cereal. Washed a bowl and spoon by hand and poured her some. Then the doorbell rang and it was time for my long day of babysitting to begin. I set the baby down and tried to get the little girl to play with Natalie. She went to the door and cried for her mom, very loudly. Which then made the baby cry, very loudly. Which then woke up Gary. So I made him some eggs and took them to him in bed (to make up for being woken up by screaming). Which woke up Sara. So I made her some eggs. Then Natalie decided that she wanted eggs and Gary decided that he wanted cereal. So...I started on Natalie's eggs and washed the spoon and bowl out for Gary (because the other dishes were all in the dishwasher) which totally disgusted Gary but what can you do...Then I finally had the chance to start on my eggs, which the little girl decided were hers and whined until I gave in and gave them to her. So then Garrett refused to come upstairs so Gary went and got him and started getting him cereal while I washed off the "family spoon". Thankfully, Sara did not finish her eggs so I got to eat half of a cold egg (which the little girl wanted but I said "NO!"). And that was just the hour and a half before I got the kids off to school.
And basically my whole day has consisted of screaming, crying, whining "I want my mommy", "is my hair messy? put some hairspray in it" "I'm hungry, can I have your soup? (no it is MINE you had a sandwich, jello, a fruit roll AND some chicken noodle soup)" "I don't want to play outside, my shoes will get dirty" and being followed around like a puppy. And I still have an hour and a half left, my house is sooo messy and I don't have the energy to clean it, the laundry could rival Mt. Everest, I'm starting to totally stress binge and I don't even have any make up on!!!! Somebody shoot me please!!!!
I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
3 comments:
You really need to stop babysitting!!! Remember when I babysat Taska and was miserable! As soon as I decided to stop I was so glad and got my laugh back to normal! Good luck!
wow, that definitely sounds like a tear-your-hair-out kind of day. Yuck. I hope it got better by the end!
And of course I remember the BYU salads. Those were so awesome. I was going to mention them to you, but I wasn't sure you'd remember!
But they've remodeled the cougareat since the good old days and the salads have never been the same. :(
Wahoo! It's totally okay to vent! I feel like that most days just with my own kids. I couldn't imagine watching someone else's! You are my hero! And tell Gary he doesn't get to be mad for the moments when you need to vent. That's what blogs are for! :) We all understand.
Post a Comment