Playing on the swings
Lily sucking her thumb with a little cold, red nose
When I was little I remember my parents taking me and my sister to Pumpkinland to pick out pumpkins. Then we would go home and carve them or paint them. Every year. My parents loved Halloween and made it so much fun for us. They would make these amazing costumes for our whole family and we would all go trick-or-treating. I have to admit, I'm not so talented in the costume department. We just buy them. And we haven't always even had pumpkins or carved them. And it makes me feel so bad for my poor kids. So this year I took them to Pumpkinland. It's changed a lot since I was a kid. Like now they have big blow up slides to play on. We spent a couple of hours finding our way through the corn maze. Then we played on the slides. At the end, they each got to choose their very own pumpkin. We plan on carving them (Natalie wants to paint hers) for FHE next monday. It was so much fun just watching my kids have fun and laugh and see their little red noses from the chill in the air. It's times like these that remind me how much fun it is to be a mom.
2 comments:
Sorry I didn't call you about going with ya! By the time I got your message it was like 5:00. Looks like a fun place. I'll have to take my kids.
Looks like you had a blast. Fall stuff like that is so fun to do. I think we're going to try to go pick some pumpkins on saturday.
I love that picture of Garrett. He's just such a great mix of the two of you!
Post a Comment